Friday 17 April 2015

Food Chapter: Restaurants in Kolkata you might have never heard of

 We bengalies really can't leave without rice. Even when eating out with friends or at a date we end up ordering either Fried Rice and Chilli Chicken or Biriyani and Mutton Chaap. We cannot go beyond that. Sometimes it is because we simply cannot do without some rice in our plate, and sometimes because we are not aware of the restaurants with serves something else beyond Chinese.

So... I am going to suggest you guys some places where you can get some good Italian/Thai/Mexican or something other than Chinese and Mughlai food at a very pocket friendly rate.


First up

Smart Kolkata 

Location : Prince Anwar Shah Road, Tollygunj

Price for 2: Approx 600rs


It is basically a continental restaurant but they serve some awesome Italian food. It you are a fan of Italian food or of cheese you must visit this place. As for me, I visit this place at least twice a month.

Food you MUST try out here: Chicken Lasagna and Spaghetti Bolognese


And did I forget to mention that they serve awesome garlic breads with almost everything?


Next up...

Red Bamboo Shoot

Location: 7/3 Chandra nath Roy Road, Tiljala

Price: For 2 people: 600rs approx




Authentic Chinese food in very very pocket friendly rate.
You should try out the shredded chicken...

Punjabi Rasoi


Location: 225, Rajdanga, Nabapally,Kasba, Kolkata

Price: For 2 People: 700rs approx

Awesome, delicious Punjabi food which will have you licking your fingers.

You should really try out their Mutton Adrak De Punje  befor you die and of course don't ignore their cheese garlic naan.

Mango People



Location: 817/4, Opposite State Bank of India, Kalikapur Road, Kalikapur, Kolkata

Price: 650 for 2 people approx

Apart from the awesome ambience, the food is also good.
I've visited this place only once and I preferred their Thai cuisine over their Italian one

Since I visited this place only once I can't say what is the must try dish that they place but I really liked the Thai Red Curry and it tasted much much better than any Thai food that I tased in town. 




So this is it for now,, but do come back in a few weeks cuz I am going to taste the Bansh Pora served at Santa's Fantasea and update this article when I come back... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment